I have yet another breakfast idea for you and this is also quite easy. We love flour tortillas and more so quesadillas where you can stick any fillings in and it’s all that much better when you get that satisfying feeling when it reaches your lips and you still feel the warmth of all those ingredients meshed together right from the pan.
Granted this recipe is not an “out of the box” idea, but it can still be a go-to recipe for breakfasts at home. The recipe is as follows:
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 4 tortilla sheets
- A bit of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Mash the eggs up an mix with mayonnaise, jalapeno pepper and the diced shallot.
- Season the mixture according to your taste.
- Spread the mixture on two tortilla sheets and put the other tortilla sheets on top, making 2 tortilla “sandwiches”. I used potato flour tortillas.
- Heat a pan up with a bit of butter and place a tortilla sandwich (or your now “quesadilla” on the pan.
- Once the bottom touches a light brown, flip gently and lightly brown the other side. Do the same with the other tortilla sandwich.
- Cut it as you would a pizza and serve!
The thing with tortillas is that you can use a variety of them, from garlic to potato to herbs and whatnot which I think adds on to the taste. If it is according to your taste, you could very well add a bit of mustard too. I love it when the edges of the quesadillas get slightly crunchy and preferred this to bread since bread can get a bit dry if you want that crunchiness.