I love these bite-sized videos they have these days like on the Tasty and Tastemade pages on Facebook. Beats listening to some people rattle on on YouTube in like 15 or 20 minute long videos and it’s somewhat worse when they do not position their cameras/phones properly. There are some pretty handy recipes on those pages and of course on Pinterest.
Here is a super simple recipe of Jalapeno Cheese Cups that I made.
- 5 slices of tortilla bread (I used Mission’s Original)
- Half a block of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used Cheddar and Mozarella)
- A bit of butter
- 2 or 3 jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Dice up the jalapeno peppers.
- Add all cheese into a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Add in the jalapeno peppers and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a muffin tray with butter.
- Cut up the tortilla bread into 4 squares per bread. You should have about 20 squares.
- In each muffin slot (is that the right term?) add in a square, spread butter then add in another square. You would have 2 squares per slot. Press the squares nicely in.
- Add in the cheese and jalapeno mixture to each cup and then stick into the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. The edges would be a bit brown.
Before and After.
This recipe only took about 20 minutes to make and I would say if you can handle the spice, add in more jalapeno peppers and season your mixture properly. A suggestion would also be to top the cups with mozzarella shreds, parsley and maybe some pepper so that it does not end up too plain.