Ever had those days where you are too lazy to go out but want something that has a little bit more effort for breakfast? Welcome to every day in my life! Kidding. A facebook friend of mine posted a video of hamburger sliders, which I tried making before and it is great to make if you have an oven. Here is the link:
At the time, I made mine with hot dog buns and had used chicken instead of beef. Which was fine, but I would suggest seasoning the chicken well so there is less blandness.
I have to admit that this meat-less recipe came about because I was too impatient to wait for minced meat to defrost. 😀
- 2 burger buns, each sliced in the middle
- Butter + olive oil
- 3 medium-sized mushrooms
- Cheese (I used 4 cheddar slices and some parmesan)
- 3 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves + 1 small onion
- Salt + pepper
- Chop up the garlic, onion and mushrooms. Separately, heat up a small pan with oil and fry the eggs (scrambled) until 80% done. Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms to the eggs and fry till wanted doneness. Season with salt and pepper, you can add herbs like oregano or parsley if you like. I also added a teaspoon of Lea and Perrins and some light soya sauce. I think the Lea and Perrins sauce would go nicely with meat filling.
- Brush the insides of a baking pan with butter and put 2 slices of burger buns in. Put a slice of cheese on each bun.
- Add the eggs with the mushrooms etc and top with another slice of cheese each. Put the tops of the buns on and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Stick in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts. Ta-da!
I remembered to take more pictures this time!